Fear is a powerful force. Have you heard about these interesting fears?
- Alliumphobia: Fear of garlic #Dracula
- Allodoxaphobia: Fear of opinions #Stalin
- Caligynephobia or Venustraphobia: Fear of beautiful women #MeInJuniorHigh
- Gnosiophobia: Fear of knowledge #KimJongUn
- Lutraphobia: Fear of otters #What???
- Microphobia: Fear of small things #Goliath
- Nephophobia: Fear of clouds #ChickenLittle
- Pogonophobia: Fear of beards #MyWife
- Rhytiphobia: Fear of getting wrinkles #Hollywood
- Soceraphobia: Fear of in-laws #SomeHusbands
- Xyrophobia: Fear of razors #Samson
And my personal favorite:
- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: Fear of Long Words
I TOLD YOU THAT TO TELL YOU THIS…
When it comes to our buyers, we often encounter different forms of Atychiphobia: the fear of failure.
Buyers don’t want to sign the contracts which may prove to be disadvantageous for their employers. We may think of them as being gun-shy, but they didn’t get to their positions by making poor choices when it came to spending their company’s money.
I recently read an excellent blog post by the head of Smart Selling Tools, and one of the most retweeted B2B marketers, Nancy Nardin (@sellingtools). Her post is titled: “Don’t Spook Your Prospects: 5 Sure-fire Ways to Keep Your Prospects From Fleeing in Fear.”
THE BIG IDEA
The big idea of Nardin’s post is this:
“Decision-makers are under pressure and short on patience. In a word, they’re easily spooked. They look for reasons to run away—or to avoid salespeople in the first place. Put these five tips into practice and assure your prospects they’ve got nothing to fear.”
WHAT I LIKED
In the post, Nardin gives us a quick, scannable view of each of her five tips in large content headers, and each tip is encapsulated in a single paragraph.
We’re busy people who want to learn quickly. Nardin gives us just that. But not just that, the tips are excellent.
You’ll find a nice collection of important reminders as well as some tips you think you’ve heard before but are, instead, her own personal take on each of them.
Go read Nardin’s post now.
[Reading Time For Nardin’s Post: 3:00]
QUESTION ::: How have you had success alleviating the fears of your buyers?
Let’s talk about it…